I work from home and I often find myself needing a quick fix to get me back to my task at hand. One of my favourite speedy lunches is a noodle soup. Easy, healthy, yummy and fast. Here’s my go to combo:
- 1 portion of rice noodles (if you get vermicelli, then you c an let the broth cook it like a cup of noodles, but the thicker ones, like in my photo, will need to be cooked first)
- 2-3 cups water
- 2 tbsp miso paste (careful, some have bonito flakes)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2-3 shakes of sesame oil
- 1-2 cm ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (if you like it spicy like I do)
- topping of choice: I typically use some smoked tofu and whatever veggies I have in my fridge. Cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onion, red peppers, etc…. the possibilities are endless.
Heat the water up to a boil, dissolve the miso paste, and then season with the remaining ingredients. In a bowl, place your noodles, veggies and tofu, then pour the broth over top. Let stand for a few moments, so the noodles soften and the veggies wilt. Enjoy!
What is your go to quick lunch?